The Peranakan Festival 2009, will be starting next weekend 27th Nov to 6th Dec 2009.
Loads of interesting programs lined up, like:
– Baba Convention – Living Baba Legacies
– The Biggest and Best Babazaar (happening at SMU Concourse on 28th & 29th Nov)
– The Peranakan Ball
– Baba Art – an exhibition
– Baba Bling by The Peranakan Museum
– Peranakan Trails – heritage tours
– Baba House Tours
– Baba Food Extravaganza (yes, peranakan food! how can they not include this :P)
For more program details, do check out the website –> LINK
In case you are wondering what is Peranakan and how it came about, click on this link for more info –> LINK
Sadly, I’ll be away on a short trip and wouldn’t be able to check out most of the programs happening next weekend.
And will have to miss the I Love Museums Day too… oh well, sigh 🙁
Well hopefully i’ll have time to at least check out the exhibitions and food, once i get back… *drools*