The Sony Xperia V, the James Bond phone, has arrived.
“With the best of Sony’s technology and connectivity in a sleek and durable design, Xperia™ V boasts incredible HD and LTE experiences and One-Touch sharing that would be the perfect companion for any secret agent”, commented Ola Lilja Molén, Head of SEA Markets of Sony Mobile Communications.
Pre-installed with Android Ice Cream Sandwich OS which is upgradable to the latest Android JellyBean OS by Jan 2013.
Comes with 8Gb flash memory and expandable to 32Gb with microSD.
It will be available in Singapore from 8 December 2012, at all operator stores, Xperia™ stores and Sony stores.
Colours available will be black and white.
Recommended retail price – S$698.
Xperia™ V key features:
- 4.3” HD Reality Display powered by the Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2 for razor sharp quality content
- Latest generation clarity
- 13MP fast capture camera that goes from sleep mode to snap in just over a second
- Full 1080p HD video recording capabilities and a 720p HD front camera for the highest
- 1.5GHz dual core processor for improved battery life, fast performance and ultra-sharp graphics
- LTE for the fastest data download speeds
- Easy connectivity with One-touch sharing enabled by NFC
- Clear audio+ for the highest level of sound quality
- PlayStation™ Certified
- Android version 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich). Will be upgraded to Android version 4.1 (Jelly Bean) from mid Q1 2013
- Highest levels of dust and water resistance in a smartphone (IP55/57*) ensure protection from the effects of immersion up to 1m for 30 minutes
- MHL connectivity for viewing content on a big screen without the need for a charger
For phone specifications, please refer to mobile set site –> Sony Xperia V
The Xperia V, T, TX and TL are known as the Bond phones.
Different models catered for different regions / markets.
Another pretty piece by Sony…
Well, I still have a couple of months to go, till the next contract upgrade.
Let’s see if Sony will out do themselves again by the time my phone contract ends 😛