LG Electronics Singapore announced the availability of the LG G Pro2, the successor of the award winning LG G2 and LG G Pro.
The LG G Pro2 is LG’s latest flagship smartphone that is packed with the most innovative and advanced technology that features a large 5.9” state-of-the-art display and enhanced User Experience (UX) features. Staying true to LG’s design heritage, LG has continuously pushed its design limits and produced award winning phones such as LG G2, G Pro and G Flex.
With a stunning 5.9-inch Full HD IPS display and extra slim bezel of 3.3mm, the LG G Pro2 offers an industry-leading screen-to-frame ratio of 77.2 percent. A richer, high-power 1W Hi-Fi sound that is 30 percent louder than the G Pro delivers clearer sound with a more powerful bass. To simplify the powering on and unlocking process, LG engineers developed a completely unique feature called KNOCKcode™ which makes unlocking and using the LG G Pro2 easier and more convenient than ever before.
The LG G Pro2 is the first LG smartphone to benefit from an enhanced 13MP camera with OIS+ (Optical Image Stabilizer Plus) and advanced functions, ideal for creating and sharing content. LG’s proprietary OIS+ technology adds an anti-shake functionality software to the acclaimed hardware-based feature already built into the slim camera module for the best photos and videos possible when in motion or in low light situations.
The sensors and lens of the rear and front camera on the LG G Pro2 have also increased in both size and sensitivity, for images that rival many standalone point-and-shoot cameras.
Some of the other advanced image capturing features built into the LG G Pro2 are:
– 120FPS HD Video Recording and Slow-Motion Editing: Records in 120fps HD and allows editing of video in three different speeds — one-half slow motion, one-fourth slow motion and original
– 4K ULTRA HD Recording: Records video footage in ultra-high definition mode for playback on 4K TV sets
– Magic Focus: After the shot is taken, users have the option to select the preferred depth of focus before saving. Users can also press the all-in-focus icon to make every object in the frame look their sharpest
– Natural Flash: Offers more balanced color temperature and exposure for the most natural-looking photos compared to images taken with a normal flash
– Flash for Selfie: Reduces the size of the preview screen and adds a bright white background for more “soft” lighting in self-portrait mode
– Burst Shot: Takes up to 20 continuous shots and automatically edits them to create a video of the captured images
– Gallery Collage: Allows users to select photos from their gallery to create a collage for easy uploading to favorite social network sites
The LG G Pro2 will be available at all M1, Singtel, Starhub and other authorized LG mobile retailers from end March 2014, at a recommended retail price of S$828.
– Chipset: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 800 (2.26 GHz Quad-Core)
– GPU: Qualcomm Technologies Adreno™ 330
– Display: 5.9-inch Full HD IPS (1920 x 1080), Slim Bezel
– Memory: 3GB DDR3 RAM / 32GB eMMC ROM / microSD slot
– Camera: Rear 13.0MP OIS+ / Front 2.1MP
– Battery: 3,200mAh (removable)
– Operating System: Android 4.4 KitKat
– Size: 157.9 x 81.9 x 8.3mm
– Weight: 172g
– Network: LTE / HSPA+
– Connectivity: Bluetooth Smart Ready (BT 4.0) / USB / WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac) / NFC / SlimPort
– Colors: Titan, White, Red
– Other: KNOCKcode™, 1W Hi-Fi Sound, Content Lock
Looking at the press release, does sound like an awesome 2014 flagship product 🙂
Pity didn’t get to attend the launch due to work, guess we’ll have to check out how cool it’ll be, at the telcos and retailers.
Details as kindly shared by LG Electronics Singapore and SPRG.