LG Electronics (LG) brings its first “compact” G Series smartphone to the global market, the G2 mini LTE.
Unveiled in February 2014 at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona, the G2 mini LTE offers the design excellence and premium UX features of the award-winning LG G2 in a smaller form factor.
As the smallest LG G Series phone yet, the G2 mini LTE retains the innovative design heritage of the Rear Key and minimalist style first introduced in the LG G2. The 4.7-inch IPS display and 2,440mAh removable battery complements the Quad-Core CPU and Android 4.4 KitKat OS for a seamless multimedia experience.
The G2 mini LTE comes preloaded with Knock Code™, which enables users to power on and unlock their LG smartphones in one easy step by tapping a personalized “knock” pattern on the phone’s display. This offers greater security as the pattern can be made up of a sequence of two to eight taps, allowing for more than 80,000 possible combinations. Knock Code™ can be entered on any area of the display, making one-handed entry effortless and convenient.
The G2 mini LTE is now available in Singapore at a recommended retail price of S$528 (w/o telco plan).
Two vibrant color options available (should be red and gold, as seen on Google Images) and including basic colors like Titan Black and Lunar White.
– Chipset: 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Quad-Core MSM8926 (LTE)/ MSM8226
– Display: 4.7-inch HD IPS (960 x 540)
– Memory: 8GB eMMC / 1GB RAM / SD Card Slot
– Camera: Rear 8.0MP / Front 1.3MP
– Battery: 2,440mAh (removable)
– Operating System: Android 4.4 KitKat
– Size: 129.6 x 66.0 x 9.8mm
– Weight: 121g
– Network: Cat. 4 / HSPA+ 21Mbps (3G)
– Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi (802.11 b/g/n), A-GPS, NFC (4G LTE version only)
– Colors: Titan Black, Lunar White
– Other: Knock CodeTM, Plug & Pop, Guest Mode, Clip Tray, Quick Window, etc.
Press release details as shared by LG Singapore and SPRG.