With an eye on transforming wearable devices into more than just a conversation piece, LG Electronics (LG) has introduced the highly anticipated LG G Watch.
The LG G Watch is one of the first devices powered by Android Wear™, Google’s new operating system, which extends the Android platform to wearables. As a wrist wearable device featuring a button-less design, the G Watch will appeal to a mass audience with its simple minimalist design, quick and “glance-able” access to useful information, and seamless connectivity with other Android devices, keeping users connected wherever, whenever.
Main highlights of the LG G Watch, includes:
– Compatibility with smartphones running Android 4.3 or higher with the Android Wear™ app, available at Google Play Store
– Simple new user experience designed around cards, which provide useful information on your wrist when it’s needed
– Accurate voice recognition so you can get things done quickly and easily by just asking questions
– “Always-On” screen allows you to glance at information without having to wake the display or pressing any buttons
– Powered with a large 400mAh battery, the largest among Android Wear™ devices
– Compatible with any standard 22mm watch band, for user preferred strap change
Connected via Bluetooth, the LG G Watch displays messages, shows who is calling, is able to control music playback and more without the smartphone ever having to be removed from a pocket or bag. The LG G Watch combines form and function in a subtle, minimalist design with an intuitive touch-based user interface and with an Ingress Protection rating of IP67, the LG G Watch is designed to be protected from dust and water resistant for up to 30 minutes to a depth of one meter.
The LG G Watch will be available in two colours — Black Titan and White Gold — and is constructed of PVD (Physical Vapor Deposition) coated stainless steel with a rugged silicone wristband in matching colour.
It will be available at a recommended retail price of SGD$268.00 from July 26, at M1, Singtel, Starhub and other LG authorized resellers.
For more details, here’s the link – http://www.lg.com/global/gwatch/index.html.
Quite the pretty little device to have, tempting tempting… 😀
Well, I did a quick search and found consolidated pricing of various sale sites on PricePanda.
The lowest is S$260 or S$279 with 36months warranty… (don’t see 36months warranty often for tech items).
Should i? 😛
Information and visual, as shared by LG Electronics and SPRG.