Returning for its 5th year, The Singapore Garden Festival will be happening from 16 August to 24 August 2014!
This year’s festival will be held for its first time at Gardens by the Bay, featuring both outdoor and indoor exhibits, stretching from The Meadow, SuperTree Grove to the Flower Dome. This year’s festival / show is set to mesmerize, surprise and wow visitors or gardening enthusiasts.
And to celebrate the Festival’s debut at Gardens by the Bay, SGF tickets will be specially priced for local residents to visit both the Festival and the Flower Dome Conservatory for the same price as previous shows. All Singaporean seniors (≥60yrs with pink ICs) will also be entitled to a 20% discount off Weekday Local Residents Rate (i.e. $4 per ticket after discount) in celebration of the Pioneer Generations’ contribution to Singapore’s nation-building.Valid from 18 – 22 Aug only.
– Tickets will include admission to the Flower Dome at Gardens by the Bay from 16 to 24 August 2014.
– GBTB tickets purchased during 16 to 22 August will be allowed entry into Singapore Garden Festival 2014.
For more ticketing information, please refer to this link – Festival > Ticketing
Show Opening Hours:
– 10am to 10pm daily
Conservatories Opening Hours:
– 9am – 10pm daily
Exhibits and activities include:
- 7 Fantasy Show Gardens to bring you on a whimsical journey with plants, flowers, stage lighting and general props
- 8 Landscape Show Gardens designed based on design principles, planting concepts and outstanding plants to achieve horticultural excellence
- 14 Floral Windows to the World featuring colourful, vibrant cut-flower and floral masterpieces by floral designers from around the world
- Orchid Extravaganza @ Flower Dome will present a stunning visual spectrum of colours, featuring a 10-metre-tall orchid kaleidoscope and over 18,000 orchid plants on display. Orchid Society of South East Asia will also be putting together a gallery of competition orchids on display
- 8 Balcony Gardens created by local designers to give you inspirations and ideas on how to transform your home into a soothing retreat
- 7 Floral Table Top Displays (NEW) created with the theme “Celebrations!” Featuring two competition categories for professionals and amateurs, you can pick up tips on how to create table floral settings for your own homes
- 6 Miniature Garden Displays (NEW) featuring intricately designed gardens, created with miniature plants and furniture. This year’s festival will feature six displays by three recent Gold & Best of Show Award winners from the Philadelphia Flower Show
- A Vibrant Marketplace with 80 stalls offering an interesting and wide array of plants, gardening and landscape products and services for your gardening needs
- And more! With a whole range of other fun activities for children, community gardens, interesting displays of Penjing or Bonsai art, talks and performances for all attendees!
Of course, not forgetting for those who love photography, the “Colours” Photography Contest will reward winning visitors with attractive prizes from Canon when they take and submit stunning photos to our “Colours” FaceBook app.
The contest will be from 16 August to 7 September, please refer to SGF FaceBook Page for more details.
Sadly, I wouldn’t be in town to attend but I’m sure visitors, macro / landscape / floral photographers and gardening enthusiasts, like my parents, will be interested to check out the festival and various activities.
Do bring your kids along and teach them about plants, caring for them and loving the greenery around us.